Destruction Derby 2 was one of the games I got with my Playstation 1 in 1998, it was also one of the games that got me hooked on smash-em-up car games, and racing games in general. Burnin’ Rubber on my Amstrad CPC464+ in 1992 was the first racing game I ever played.

Seeing as DD1 & 2 are classed as vintage, I don’t think Psygnosis will mind it being shared for free, as you can’t even buy it new anymore, so here are both games for PC. I’ve set both games up as standalone with an install of DOSBox, and zipped it up.

Download links

It’s hosted on my company server over at www.kitamuracomputers.net, CLICK HERE to download the RAR archive.

Usage

All you need to do is use WinRAR or a free alternative to extract the RAR. Then run either “Start Destruction Derby 1.bat”, or “Start Destruction Derby 2.bat”, and away you go! All save functionality works fine, you can save replays, save games and game configs just fine!

Enjoy these classic smash-em-ups!

Be Sociable, Share!
38 Responses to “Two classic games! Destruction Derby 1 & 2 for PC!”
  1. Fluffle Puff says:

Big Thanks for this package. Full cd images and an overall setup that works pretty much out of the box, without the need to install anything (though I had to download some C++ libraries first to convince DOSbox to cooperate).

I’m really grateful for this.

2. wakeupsid says:

thanks,THANKS A TON MAN!relished on some childhood memories,and boy oh boy the pleasure of smashing up cars!
    though i never played DD1.kudos,u rock \m/

• Tidosho says:

It is fun, isn’t it? I used to have two big toy artic trucks, I’d buy those really cheap packs of toy cars that were really weakly built, and smash the two huge trucks into big piles of these cars, and smashing the cars into each other, reducing them to bits of plastic and twisted metal in seconds, wheels flying off everywhere! My mum used to find bits of metal and broken wheels all over the house for months!

I used to laugh for hours! Destruction Derby was the computer equivalent of it, they’re still fun to play!

3. John says:

Thank you so much! i miss this game like mad!
    Me and my boss are both grabbing it at work πŸ™‚

• Tidosho says:

Haha, aren’t you supposed to be *working* at work? Your boss is awesome, ask him if I can come work as a computer tech at your place, we can all play DD2 together πŸ˜‰

4. Road_Freak says:

Damn.. I haven’t played these games for some time and im glad that i found them on here haha.. Good old memories πŸ˜›

Time to get the engine running and start crushing lol

5. kazter says:

Thank you very much!

6. KM says:

If these work. I love you!

7. Lexinton says:

I love u ‘‘‘

8. Shaners says:

Been looking to get DD2 for ages but never managed to get it working. Really appreciate this, thanks a lot!

9. γƒžγƒΌγƒ†γ‚£γƒ³ says:

Thank you!

10. vladone says:

dude, i’ve been searching for theese games since 1999… when i managed to find them, i could’n get them to work. now, your reviews look primising and if they work on my win7 64x, i WILL have an orgasm… or two! wish me luck! thumbs up for the share! good job!

11. speedy says:

How did you convinced DOSBox to run them automatically?
    I tried to emulate another game but without success.
    I admit,i’m just a beginner…

12. Trevor says:

Got DD2 running on Windows 8.1, couldn’t get the clock running slowly enough even with DOSBox’s speed controls (Ctrl+F11 and F12). Any ideas/advice? It’s only a little fast, but enough to be noticeable and make control more difficult. Also, how can I run the “DD2HIRES” version with the better quality rendering?

13. Trevor says:

Actually, nevermind the hi-res thing, I think that one is already running automatically.

14. Greg says:

ok im not mr. computer savvy. I downloaded the rar. where is the link to download dd2? Any help is appreciated

• Tidosho says:

The game is actuslly IN the RAR file. Use WinRAR to extract it, then you’ll see files called “Start Destruction Derby 1” & “Start Destruction Derby 2”.bat. Double click these and the respective games will start.

15. Drumdevil says:

Awesome!

Best PSX game. Can’t wait to play it on PC.

16. DawnOfTheDutch says:

Genius man, thank you very much!
    I needed pc port for a ‘reload’ (review of an old game) for a site and this works perfectly
    It still is an awesome game. Not quite as I remembered but newer games have spoiled me haha
    Just love the destruction πŸ˜€

17. TigerFury007 says:

Thanks so much for the downloads love Destruction Derby awesome game from the 90s

18. Yukimura Sanada says:

The download stops at 126 MB. What could be causing this?

• Tidosho says:

The server goes down for auto maintenance at night here in the UK, so keep trying, it does work πŸ™‚

• Tidosho says:

Yuki,

I’ve investigated it, and you’re right, there is something wrong with my server. I upgraded its webserver backend two months ago and now for some reason large downloads aren’t getting past 124MB via HTTP. Leave it with me, and I’ll update the site with an FTP link once I check if it makes a difference.

19. Yukimura Sanada says:

Thank you very much for looking into this, and my deepest apologies for the bother!

• Tidosho says:

Yuki,

The issue now *seems* to be fixed, I tweaked the server today. It’s absolutely no bother at all, you letting me know has alerted me to the problem, as I wasn’t aware of it, so thank you πŸ™‚

20. Andreas says:

Hi!

Download goes fine but when I come to the dosbox window I get the question if I want dosbox to get acsess to my real station C. I Write y and enter then some red text comes up and the Windows Closes. How do I fix this? This was my first game on my Familys first PC With Pentium 1 πŸ˜€

21. mauro says:

how to install and run on windows 10?

• Tidosho says:

Hi Mauro,

Just extract and run the Start Destruction Derby bat files. If you get any errors about MSVC DLL files, Google the name of the DLL file, and download the Visual C runtime.

22. Adrien says:

Hello !
    Thanks for sharing this !
    However, even if I seem to be able to complete the download, I have the following message when I unpack the .rar : “Incorrect end of archive”.
    Am I the only one to have this ?
    Would you be kind enough to have a look ?

Thanks !

Adrien

• Tidosho says:

Hi Adrien,

I’ve tested the file on the server, and it passed fine without errors. It sounds like the file hasn’t downloaded fully. It should be 943MB compressed. If you right click the file, and select Properties, the file size should say 943 MB (989,707,591 bytes)

Try downloading again, using an up to date browser, and if the problem still occurs, get back to me, and I’ll investigate further on the server software.

23.