A few posts ago, I mentioned how I was having trouble with ToCA Race Driver 3’s StarForce DRM driver under 64bit Windows 7, and detailed a manual driver removal method. Well, after some more playing about, I’ve installed 32bit Windows 7 on my laptop on a separate hard drive, and guess what? The driver STILL DOES NOT WORK! But, this time, it doesn’t stop the computer starting, Windows simply disables the driver every boot.
bmaytum, a user on Codemasters’ forum, sent off a support request, and here was Rob from Codemasters’ reply:
I just got an Impressively quick response via email from “Rob” at CodeMaster’s Customer Service. SADLY, Rob said this:
“Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Toca Race Driver 3.
Unfortunately Toca Race Driver 3 does not work under Windows 7; the game will only work under those versions of Windows listed on the back of the box. Due to the way the game was programmed it is not possible to patch the game to work under Windows 7, unfortunately. Sorry.
If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:- ……”
So Codemasters are REFUSING OURTRIGHT to provide a patch!! Starforce say patching has got to be done via developers too, so we’re out of luck. Aha, you didn’t really think that was it, did you? There’s a slightly illegal way round this, and that is to use a No-DVD cracked EXE with it.
Scared you’ll get sued? I wouldn’t be, they’re too damn lazy and customer non-focused to care themselves to make an official patch!
Here’s a proper removal method for the StarForce crap, first:
1. Download the official StarForce removal tool by clicking this link: sfdrvrem
2. It’s hosted here on TideLog, so download it and extract it using your favourite unzipper, you don’t need to worry about viruses.
3. Run the EXE, and then when it asks you to reboot, do so.
4. You should now be fine and dandy, without the “Windows disabled this driver due to incompatibility” message on every boot.
5. DON’T UNINSTALL the game, but go find a cracked EXE for your version of the game, and it should run fine. I’m not providing cracked EXE’s so I don’t get done for distributing copyrighted works, so am NOT RESPONSIBLE for you picking up viruses from Russian warez sites. THESE from GameCopyWorld seem to work fine, though….
6. Don’t buy Codemasters’ software. They don’t care about loyal customers, so don’t give a damn about them!